PTFE, PVDF, PVDF, ECTFE, PFA, FEP, ETFE, Fluorosint® , Symalit ®
Fluropolymers offer :-
- High maximum allowable service temperature in air (some grades 260°C continuously)
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
- Outstanding UV- and weather resistance
- Some Grades are Physiologically inert making them suitable for contact with food
- Inherent low flammability
- Good electrical insulating properties
Due to its their unique PTFE matrix, Fluoropolymers physical strength characteristics are not as high as other advanced engineering plastics profiled here such as Ketron® PEEK or Duratron® PAI (formerly Torlon® PAI). This compliance/ductility makes it ideal for seats and seals.
Fluorosint enhanced PTFE’s unique properties are the result of a proprietary process in which synthetically manufactured mica is chemically linked to virgin PTFE. This bonding results in properties not normally attainable in reinforced PTFE. Fluorosint grades offer an excellent combination of low frictional properties and dimensional stability.
Note if Food Grades acc to EU 10/2011 are required it must be advised at time of enquiry, as they are purchased and certified to Order.