Things are heating up with Duratron® U1000 PEI.
Duratron® U1000 PEI
My combination of high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures with long-term heat resistance makes me best suited for #medical reusable applications. Don’t forget, I’m flame resistant and FDA compliant.
- High maximum allowable service temperature in air (170°C continuously)
- Very good hydrolysis resistance (suitable for repeated steam sterilization)
- High strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range
- Inherent low flammability and low levels of smoke evolution during combustion
- Good dimensional stability
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Very good resistance against high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Very good electrical insulating and dielectric properties
Duratron U1000 PEI is extremely suitable for electrical / electronic insulators (including many semiconductor process components) and a variety of structural components requiring high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures. Thanks to its good hydrolysis resistance Duratron U1000 PEI is capable of withstanding repeated autoclaving cycles.
Duratron® U1000 PEI can be used to manufacture connectors and fixtures for electronics applications, including those close to harsh production environments.
This biscuit manufacturer needed a distribution spool for biscuit filling. The spool also pushed the biscuits out, working like a piston. The material needed to maintain good stiffness at elevated temperatures and at the same time be of low weight. Solution: Duratron® PEI 1000 exhibiting stiffness and dimensional stability at operating temperatures up to 160 °C.
Duratron U1000 PEI is standard available in plates at different thickness: 12.7mm, 25.4mm 38.1mm & Rods 12.7mm, 38.1mm, 50.8mm, 63.5mm dia s'. Other thicknesses are available upon request. It is available in Alperton - please ask us to quote for the size you require?