Howdon Wedgegard Overload Protection System
The most effective method of protecting rotating machinery from overload damage is a simple shearpin.
However, the conventional round shearpin has its drawbacks with the removal of the broken halves and the necessary clearance for fitting which allows pin fatigue, fretting and uncertainty in load sharing.
The Howdon Wedgegard was designed to overcome these problems and also meet the increasing demands for safety and minimum downtime required by todays process plant.
Based upon a wedge shaped pin, this overload system is a completely new concept in shearpin protection. Advantages include;
- Easy access - drive re-set in minutes
- Wedge construction gives maximum rigidity with no backlash - ideal for indexing or reversing drives.
- Clamping screws give postitive axial location so the shear neck cannot be displaced from the correct position between flanges.
- Equal load sharing with multiple pins on high torque drive gives a very high capacity within compact dimensions.
- Shear necks are standardised and colour coded, giving safe, tamper proof repeatability and spares economy.
- 'Fail safe' under all conditions, the Wedgegard is not effected by changes in temperature or humidity. The ability to release is not dependent on mechanism lubrication.
- PTO Drives
- Flexible Couplings
- Chain Couplings
- Water Treatmant Drives
- Special Units
- Chain & Pulley Drives
- Gear Couplings
- Rigid Couplings
- Drive Phasing Hubs